Not for profits & grant audit services
Why do you need a specialist accountant?
At LEES we recognise that not-for-profit organisations have very different requirements from other businesses. Our dedicated team of experts fully understand the complex, ever-changing regulatory requirements of the not-for-profit sector.
We act for many not-for-profit organisations across England, both large and small.
Not only can we ensure that your organisation’s tax requirement is kept to a minimum, but we can also help with audit and accountancy systems, advise on complex VAT requirements, advise on best practice and guidance on IT.
For more information, please contact our Not-for-Profit Team
Grant audits & EU auditing services
EU grant audits are a specialist area within the accounting profession. FP7, Horizon 2020 and INTERREG funding needs to be verified to grant conditions by an independent professional accountant.
We are recognised as the leading provider of grant audit and assurance services in the Eastern region and are currently appointed to report on over a hundred such assignments. Over more recent years our reputation has extended much further afield and now, with our offices in London and Norwich we look after clients all over the country from Surrey to Lancashire.
We are a Designated Lead First Level Controller and have an in depth knowledge of the following donors with whom we are in regular contact:
- European Union Sixth Framework (FP6)
- European Union Seventh Framework (FP7)
- European Region Development Fund (ERDF)
- INTERREG III/IV
- Department of Trade and Industry (BERR)
- Technology Strategy Board (TSB)
- East of England Development Agency
- UK Department for Business Innovation and Skills
- National Institutes of Health USA (NIH)
- EU Public Health Research Programme
- Innovative Medicines Initiative (IMI)
- Lifelong Learning Programme
- Horizon 2020
We pride ourselves on proactively researching new funding programmes, as and when they become available, to enable us to share our knowledge with our clients.
We act for many high profile organisations including:
- Cambridge University
- John Innes Centre
- University of East Anglia
- Institute of Food Research
- The Genome Analysis Centre
- The Peel Group Manchester
- Centre for Environment Fisheries & Aquaculture Science (CEFAS)
- Norwich Research Park
- East of England Trading Standards Association Ltd
- Trading Standards Services South East Ltd
Our specialist grant audit team liaise closely with the funders to ensure our work complies with current legislation and best practice.
We would be delighted to work with any recipient of public funding, regardless of funding level or location, so please get in touch for a complimentary consultation or to request a grant audit services brochure.